Tuesday 24 April 2012

Oriental Chic

Hello beautiful readers !
I know, it has been a while...
As the 'real world' is becoming more and more demanding with two little ones, an extremely busy corporate type husband, a home to look after, as I'm investing more and more time to my first love 'music'...and yes, most importantly I do not post just for the sake of posting. 

Well, today is different, I have a few more hours to update my blog...a quick post on one of my favourite topics 'Oriental Design' .




As an Indian girl, based out of Singapore, my humble style is an informal and relaxed one, based on what 'We love as a family'. I always go for something which is practical (keeping in mind that we have two kids at home), easy to maintain and comfortable.


 I feel that, for our nest the 'rustic Indian touch' goes hand-in-hand with the 'simple-serene Oriental look'.




...and here comes the magic of  'Eclectic Design' . The fun of 'mix and match'. It is 'that particular style' which can be evolve and constantly updated. I love to create an 'Eclectic Design Scheme' for our home which can bring many possibilities in decor and can reflect my family's interest as a whole.



For me, the most important rule for decor is 'To Break the Rules'. Yes, I'm a rule breaker in that sense.  I love to hear my heart and can't follow any design school blindly . Hope, it reflects in my home.


 Treasures from our travel to different countries, antiques,  even flea market junks can add that 'magical touch' to my home. 






 Buddha from  Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, sits peacefully on a corner table in our living room, while the early morning sun creates a few blissful moments. I love to enjoy my morning tea here with the husband.


I fell in love with this antique Chinese tea pot when I first saw this in a tiny-shabby shop in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. I knew that it had to be mine. 'Red' is a very powerful colour as per Chinese art and these intricate details help to add some character.



What is your style ? 
Classic, Country, Retro, Shabby-Chic, Modern ?
Would love to hear from you as always.



Now, heartiest welcome to all my new friends on this little blog.
 Always look forward to your valuable thoughts.  
Wish you all a lovely week ahead.            


Images: My Home 

 All pictures are taken by me. Please, do not reuse these in any form without my written permission. Thanks.



31 comments:

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

buddhata apurbo Sanghamitra.

Sarmistha said...

besh ekta enigmatic aamej aache in your home decor :)

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Thanks Sayantani and Sarmistha:)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love Oriental designs and your pieces are stunning! Hugs,
FABBY

Unknown said...

Beautiful...love the oriental decor...very elegant

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

My style is very eclectic too - every room in my house has a different personality because I just can't decide on which one I like best!

Your photos are all so lovely!

Thanks for visiting me today at Knick of Time! Feel free to enter the giveaway I have going on now - it's open to everyone world wide!

Blessings,
Angie

Sarah said...

Gorgeous images! Thanks for sharing. I know what you mean about life taking over one's time.

Shingle Cottage said...

Thank you so much for your kind comment x
Oh your pictures are beautiful and your home looks so cozy and warm on your sidebar pictures,nice to meet you :)
x

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Hello!!

First I want to THANK you for all of your visits to my blog and your very kind comments all the time.
They are very much appreciated.
I adore your chinese tea pot!
The colors are fantastic!! I have always loved these beautiful rich colors. I am not a lover of white and so love deep beautiful colors!!

Hugs,
Deb

Babs said...

Wonderful photos and I can see why you fell in love with the tea pot. I would have to...it's beautiful.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Lovely -- I think that the combination of designs is very pretty and I love that red piece especially! Looking forward to going through your blog more! My daughter spent 5 months in India studying and brought home some of the loveliest treasures and recipes.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Lovely -- I think that the combination of designs is very pretty and I love that red piece especially! Looking forward to going through your blog more! My daughter spent 5 months in India studying and brought home some of the loveliest treasures and recipes.

Scribbler said...

Thanks for visiting! Your photos are very beautiful as always.

Reshma at masalamangomantra.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous and The Buddha that you have is really an indeed serene addition in your home!

Alycia Nichols said...

Your travels really take you to some awesome places! The Buddha head from Ho Chi Minh City, a tea pot from Phnom Penh...priceless! I have heard of these places but cannot imagine what it must be like to travel there! Beautiful decorative pieces, Sanghamitra!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and textures! Thanks for sharing,it always beautiful! Joann

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Wonderful color. The photography is incredible.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

This tea pot is lovely...looks like an antique piece!

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Gorgeous photos! The colors, textures and shapes...all come together for a perfect mix.

Marlis said...

You have a beautiful eye. the textures and colors are so appealing and pleasing.. great job.. xo marlis

Elaine said...

I try so hard not to mix cultures, but you make the eclectic combination look beautiful! You have inspired me to try again! Wonderful photos!

Cottage and Broome said...

Love the Buddha head, so serene looking. The collage is great. Thanks for stopping by, Laura

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and taking time to leave a sweet comment!
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Terri said...

Your Chinese tea pot is so gorgeous! Those colors are so vibrant and fun. Your photos too are just beautiful to look at.
Thank you so much for joining in Tea Cup Tuesday....
Maybe a tea cup next time?
Hugs : )
Terri

Kristen Rettig said...

Your photos are lovely, as is your Buddha. Thank you for finding my little blog, now I found you!

Diane said...

Love the vignette. You put beautiful colors and textures together! Thank you for sharing!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a striking pot! Your images are wonderful! Thank you for sharing with Tea Time and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

Wow, so many beautiful things! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and linking up, as well as following! I'm returning the follow :)

Brandi
www.yeewittlethings.blogspot.ca

Indrani said...

Very tastefully done.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh so beautiful. Gorgeous vignette. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Micupoftea said...

What lovely photos!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails